Tuesday 8 October 2024

A special card for an 80th Birthday

A couple of months ago, we celebrated my Mum's 80th birthday.

In all that was happening at the time, I don't think I even took a photo of the card I made for her!

Now my neighbours Mum is turning 80 this month, and I have taken my time to make a special card for her (my neighbour) to give.

I had a lot of fun making this card. It features the Layers of Beauty Bundle. This bundle includes Stamps, Dies and Stencils - which make colouring the large stamped image a breeze!!

Using watercolour paper, I stamped the large image in Crumb Cake ink.

Then using the stencils and blending brushes, I coloured the image with Petal Pink and Flirty Flamingo on the flowers and Old Olive and Mossy Meadow for the leaves.

That got me to this stage..


This had been my first play with this bundle, and this image sat on my desk for a time before I actually decided to use it for this card.

From there, I did some water colouring with blue ink (which I already had in a water painter with water) all around the image.

I'm quite happy with how it turned out - what do you think of the finished results??


Since this wasn't a standard size card, I also needed to make an envelope for it (obviously 😆).

I stamped the large flower image again and used the stencils on it as well. I then used a blending brush to add a little colour around the image again - to match the card.





Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment